Dental Hygiene / Teeth Cleaning
Remove tartar with professional dental hygiene (teeth cleaning). Dental Hygiene in our dentistry Dental Planet in Rojales, close to Alicante and Torrevieja in Spain.
Teeth and gum diseases can almost always be traced back to bacterial plaque formation which accumulates in interdental spaces. Daily domestic dental hygiene (brushing teeth) alone is not enough to remove bacterial deposits because a tooth-brush does not reach the inaccessible interdental spaces. Thus, regular dental hygiene, carried out at your dentist, is the best preventive measure to keep your teeth and gum healthy and to avoid tooth decay and gum diseases.
It is important to know that professional teeth cleaning is NOT a conventional way of removing plaque. A dental hygiene procedure, if carried out professionally at your dentist, takes about one hour to complete.
Professional teeth cleaning / dental hygiene:
The procedure step by step:
- First we give your teeth and oral cavity a thorough check-up.
- We then create a plaque index (the presence of bacteria between teeth). This enables us to point out those parts of your domestic dental hygiene that need improving.
- Now we remove the plaque, especially from the interdental spaces that cannot be reached with the toothbrush.
- As next step we remove discoloration from your teeth with an Air Flow® device. This is a device that uses an abrasive salt powder water solution to bring back the original color of your teeth.
- To make sure that your teeth and everything in between them gets cleaned, we use specialist dental tools and interdental brushes and floss to give your teeth the finishing touch.
- We then polish your teeth with a special polishing paste. This is a preventive measure that makes it harder for bacteria and tartar to settle on your teeth again.
- Now that your teeth are completely cleaned and polished, we apply an antibacterial protective lacquer. This hardens your teeth and protects the surface against acid attacks from oral bacteria, and reduces the risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
- We complete the professional teeth cleaning by giving you useful tips on how you can further improve your daily teeth cleaning technique at home. We also give you advice about oral cavity hygiene aids and specific dental hygiene measures you can take.
A professional teeth cleaning is the best preventive measure you can take to keep your teeth and gums healthy. That’s why we recommend getting the dental hygiene procedure done by your dentist regularly.
A professional dental hygiene procedure is the best thing you can do for your teeth and gums, and for your over all health too. It has been scientifically proven that many back and heart diseases can be traced back to problems within the oral cavity. Therefore regular check-ups at your dentist, and domestic and professional dental prophylaxis, is of great importance to your over all health.
By getting regular dental check-ups, a periodical professional teeth cleaning 2-4 times a year, and keeping a good domestic dental hygiene routine, tooth decay and gum disease can be prevented.
Well cared for and healthy teeth not only prevent pain and trouble, but they also save you a lot of money.
Do you have any further questions? Contact us, we are happy to help!
You can call us on: (+34) 96 671 72 36, or send us an email.
Dental Planet, your English-speaking dentist in Rojales, close to Torrevieja and Alicante in Spain.